Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Procrastination Station

Deadlines are LOOMING, my friends! Which means sketching, swatching, and boatloads of math, that I have to do twice, because I never trust myself to get it right the first time. It also means that the things I am MOST excited about, I can't share yet.

But that's okay, their day will come, and in the meantime, other things are happening....

Like... LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL!
"AAAAAAA!"

My Addi Clicks! Good thing I was home by myself when these arrived, because I spent the whole afternoon making the choirs-of-angels noise and serenading them with "Getting to Know You" from the Sound of Music. I basically tried to knit four swatches with four different sets of needles simultaneously so I could get a feel for my new toys.

First impression- these are no doubt some smooth needles. But they are a little bit blunter than the needles I'm used to working with, which slows me down a bit, especially on garter, for some reason. There is a small bump where the needle is joined to the cable that at times will get your work caught up on the left hand needle. I found this particularly vexing while trying some lace work. But I'm very pleased with how the needles shuttle along rough yarn. Will keep experimenting...

Also, there was more snow. I've stopped measuring, but if I had to guess, I'd say we still had about 22". To be honest, I could do this for another two months. I want days full of white skies and snow. Every day all day. Who knows, at this rate, I might get my wish.

Yesterday I took a break to go play with my neighbors in the snow and got a chance to romp around with this darling girl: Bella, a 9 week old Bernese Mountain Dog.


Ridiculously cute, this one. Knitting and snow AND puppies... what an awesome day.

And! Since I'm basically just procrastinating, here's some music I've been majorly digging lately: London Grammar. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment