Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

A Chill in the Air and the Smell of Woodsmoke

Toasty Dachshunds

We've had our first few chilly nights here in the Hudson Valley, which has got the knitting mojo good and going! I've been working on a new design and got the chance to do a little knitting by the fire. Oh, please let this weather last for the next three months. I would happily do this every night until Spring.

Off the Needles:

Finally finished the Kalajoki socks by Tiina Seppälä. This was one of the projects that got left behind during the summer hiatus, even though I only had about an inch to go on the second sock.
It's a fantastic design. The asymmetrical twisted stitch pattern is spot on. It's fresh, tidy, simple, and makes a stunning impression. It provides a bit of ribbing, so it's a good snug sock. The anatomical toe is also a nice touch that keeps the shape clean.

Malabrigo Arroyo in "Purpuras"

In the garden:
Things are starting to look a bit more autumnal in the garden as well. The late summer fruits are in: Bartlett pears, tomatoes, Macintosh apples, and the concord grapes.



Oh, look, they match my socks!
I also finished the lovely Norwegian Sweet Baby Hat by Djevellue for my niece, Josephine. I hear that these hats are a perfect fit for wee heads. Either way, they certainly are cute and quite elfish. The translated pattern requires a bit of interpretation. If you make one yourself I would recommend doing slanted increases (M1L and M1R) for a tidier look. 

Cascade Heritage Solids & Quarto (MC) and Shibui Sock (CC)






No comments:

Post a Comment