Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Tromping around the Hudson Highlands

 
I've made a pact with myself to get out and explore as much as I can while the weather is being so cooperative and the fall scenery so gorgeous. Luckily, I live in a place with hundreds of trails, perfect for a day like today.


The leaves are changing, and we are almost at peak. It was glorious.
 I have my favorite trails, that are convenient (and flat) that I go to almost every day, but today I wanted to get INTO the mountains. The dogs were thrilled.

For having such short legs, they do keep up well!
We saw some lovely berries...


 and a bear cave (!)

 and Storm King Mountain on the Hudson River.



Colors of the forest
It was stunning. There's something so restorative about a hike. I always grumble about the uphills, but I love how fresh and inspired I feel afterwards. Now I feel that I was absolutely right to make this a priority. Soon it will be winter and the scenery not nearly as impressive. So, off for well deserved pumpkin ale and the perusing of trail maps! So long the trails, so short the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment